Guppy MMA

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Guppy MMA are extremely important to my trading style. For the past 6 months I have been trading using Daryl Guppy's 'Trend Trading' technique to trade the ASX. Multiple Moving Averages are important in this strategy to determine the trend of a stock.

Gupp MMA consist of 2 groups of EMA's. The first group know as the 'short term' group consist of 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 15 day EMA's. The second group consist of 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 and 60 day EMA's.

There are numerous ways to trade this type indicator but I only use to to determine the trend of a stock. I find this the fastest way to determine if a stock is a potential trend trade without requiring me to draw trend lines.

Below is an example of Riversdale Mining Limited (ASX:RIV)



The current aim of the Market Ninja software is to scan the entire market for this type of situation. My current scan looks for any stock with a separation of the 15MA and 30MA of 4% or more with volume greater than 300,000. I'm currently alternating between stocks above 50c and below to try and determine what I find as the best opportunity to trade.

In later posts I will discuss the count back line that I also plot before determining the strength of the trend.

7 comments:

Anonymous June 12, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

Hi Allen,

What screener do you use to screen 4% diff in 15 and 30 ema. My email is gauri.wooldridge@hotmail.com
I am fan of guppy like you very visual indicator.

Thanks for your help

Anonymous January 18, 2010 at 2:20 AM  

I've just recently bought Mt4 Protect and wanted to tell you guys about my experience with it.
I was worried about all the Metatrader 4 virus's out there at the moment as I heard you can get them from downloading Expert Advisors from the internet.
While I don't download decompiled forex robots the last thing I want is some hacker getting my account details and draining my forex account as I have built it up into quite a bit of cash. That's why I purchased MT4 protect so it can stop my pc from getting attacked. I think the price is well worth the protection I will receive
I got a copy at [url=http://www.mt4protect.com/] mt4protect.com [/url] via paypal and my product code was sent to me within 4 hours.
I installed it and its awesome! It works in the system tray and scans my computer in real time to detect any attacks.
The EA optimization tool is so great - you can allocate more memory to your MT4 terminal so your trades get executed faster! There are also heaps of registry tweaks and cleanup features that have tuned up my Windows XP PC.
With crackers and virus attacks hitting Forex traders all the time now I definitely think that MT4 Protect is a worthwhile investment.

Anonymous February 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous February 22, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous March 13, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

No matter what others say, I think it is still interesting and useful maybe necessary to improve some minor things

Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM  

У Вас до сих пор нет сайта, хотите заказать хостинг, зарегистрировать дешево домен, нужна качественная расктрутка тогда Вам сюда [url=http://yestech.ru/]рассылка объявлений екатеринбург
[/url]

Anonymous March 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM  

Салон Секреты Красоты предлагает большой выбор классических салонных услуг: парикмахерские услуги, маникюр, педикюр, косметология, перманентный макияж. Мы работаем более 10 лет и придерживаемся принципа соотношения цены и качества обслуживания. Для постоянных клиентов действуют акции и бонусная система. Заходите на наш сайт [url=http://s-krasoti.ru/] маникюр на свадьбу
[/url]

About This Blog

Blog Rankings

Finance Blogs - Blog Rankings

Our Blogger Templates

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP